Talk of Women

This is a open to the public talk blog. In order to use this blog you must sign in at blogger with username “TalkWomen” Password “talking”

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Talk On Nancy Reagan


brittbray: I cannot help commenting on all the Reagan coverage. I am a staunch, liberal, fire-breathing Democrat who was raised to HATE Ronald Reagan! But in the last few days, all the bitterness I had always felt for him has melted away. I felt so sorry for Nancy as she laid her cheek to where his face probably was under that flag-draped coffin. I also felt the cameras were a bit intrusive. They should have filmed from a respectful distance and not zoomed in for close-ups!
I have come to realize that no matter what our political differences were, Reagan was a man of optimism and ideals--a man who stood for what he believed in and took the blame when something went wrong under his watch. He had humor and respect for his friends as well as his enemies. And above all, he was devoted to his wife and she was devoted to him. He was a great foreign policy president and our current president cannot even begin to compare!
Believe me when I tell you that my views are not in any way partisan, but I do believe this man deserves his place in history.
No one deserves to suffer like I'm sure he and his family did these last ten years. I do hope Nancy continues the fight for stem cell research on his behalf. My mother has Multiple Sclerosis and I know this disease as well as many others can benefit from a voice like Mrs. Reagan's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home